You will collaborate on the development of character design with a leading character artist Geefwee Boedoe, Disney/Pixar, who will share his experience of particular creative approaches and design processes for animated film. This will benefit your own work on an animated film/series or a game, without regard to a specific style. The lab’s programme is focused on mastering the creative process of the development of the design of characters within the context of a story.
- Character design lectures by an accomplished professional
- Professional supervision and consulting of your project – film or game
- Team collaboration with the mentor
- Taking both Story and Concept Art Labs as a team project would qualify to get feedback from the panel of experts (see Story Lab details)
Participants should have drawing skills already at an intermediate level and bring their own projects to the lab to boost both their skills, workflows and their projects at the same time. Team collaboration is essential. We strongly recommend to apply as a team of 2 artists with a project.
In order to be eligible for the lab, you need to submit your project idea as a synopsis or character profiles no more than 500 words max. along with your registration. Participants bring their own materials, computers with Photoshop and projects to work on
- Portfolio – expertise and experience in the field
- Priority given to animators and artists
- Motivational letter
Emphasis on career motivation and vision
- Own project
Participants’ involvement is conditional on their having a project of their own
- Own creative team
Teams of at least two or more will receive priority
- Participation in both Story & Art workshops