You will gain a thorough understanding of your current animation workflow and how to improve efficiency and artistic decision making in different types of animation projects. Due to the intensive, dedicated and personal character of the course setting you will also earn a solid working experience in collaboration with a hosting supervisor.
How it works
Participants will animate exercises that simulate an animation style development of a CG character with the most appropriate style of motion and performance.
The first week is dedicated to analysis of participants reels which designates specific exercises to address most evident animator’s weaknesses in order to improve his or her skills and workflow.
The second week is dedicated to animating samples to learn to search for a specific style of action and character’s performance accordingly.
To develop and further enhance skills and workflows in 3D character animation.
- Studio pipeline theory, animation project
- Workflow animation
- Animation exercises focused on weight, speed, distance
- Basics of human character posing
- Advanced workflow animation in Maya
- Advanced curve editor functions
- Animation of one shot from the main task
Theory: 20 hours
Exercises: 60 hours
Final project evaluation/assessment: 30 minutes
Who is it for
- Beginners with working knowledge of Maya for Animators
- Intermediate 3D Character Animators seeking to boost their acting skills.
minimum of 15 participants
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya with particular focus on animation tools
- Prior experience animating CG characters (minimum 1 year) OR taking INTRO TO 3D CHARACTER ANIMATION COURSE
- Openness to learning new approaches and topics
- Communication skills in English
- Portfolio 3D character animation works
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Maya
- Motivation letter – emphasis on career motivation and vision